Did you ever feel like there is something more that you would like to do and have no clue what it is? Or maybe you have an idea and you have a strong feeling of doing something but you do not know where to start? That is your intuition, the feeling deep inside of you or the inner voice that is present anytime you have to make a decision or need guidance.
Intuition is the building block of psychic ability, and yes everyone has psychic abilities, to some point and the good thing about it is you can develop it so you can have a full-blown psychic ability. There are a lot of ways on how you can sharpen and develop your psychic abilities and it is very important to listen to your intuition as you begin your journey because the more you listen to your intuition, the stronger it becomes and the more handy it can be for the entire process of unleashing your psychic ability.
How to Develop Your Psychic Abilities?
- Rely on your intuition – If you have a feeling to act or have an inexplicable urge of dread that begs you not to do something, follow it. Make sensible and safe decisions by trusting your intuition, if it is leading you in a certain direction, there’s a reason. Trusting that mental attraction or mental pull, exploring the reason why and the results might surprise you.
- Meditation – Connect with nature, breathe, smell the flowers, feel the rain, listen to the wind and just utilize all your senses up to their full potential. Abandon any anxiety, or fear, focus on your thoughts or feelings from a moment of extrasensory perception. Clear your head and just breathe.
- Pay attention to your emotions – This will definitely help you open up your psychic field, you have to cleanse and clear your energy to become fully tuned channel to receive psychic information. Becoming more self-aware, introspective and in touch with how you process your emotions also paves way to awaken your psychic abilities.
- Listen to your dreams – Research shows that some of the most imaginative and psychologically relevant elements enter our lives during REM sleep. Almost everyone has a story of a dream that had later come true whilst dreams may not always be remembered or might not make sense at the time keeping a record of sorts can be beneficial. Keep a dream journal, write it down, let the universe be your guide, analyze your dreams and find out what they could represent in your life.
- Practice Psychometry – This is a from of extrasensory perception characterized by the ability to acquire information about a person or an object by touch. You can practice this ability with a friend, you can ask that friend to bring you an object to hold, something about which you know nothing, then hold the object in your hand to see what you pick up energetically about the object and tell your friend what you feel and see. You should be able to read the energy residue left behind by the object’s owner.
Tools that can help you improve your psychic abilities
- Pendulum. Normally used to answer “yes” or “no” questions which can easily be done by holding the pendulum in your hand, ask the question and observe the way the pendulum moves. This is also a great tool for tapping your intuition.
- I Ching. Has the similar use as a pendulum, a decision making tool. It can improve your mental clarity and significantly stimulate your sense of intuition.
- Tarot Cards. One of the most popular tools used to fine tune your gut instinct and intuition. Allow the images to connect and communicate with you, determine what they could symbolize, try to come up with your own sensible interpretation whilst being guided by the book. Aside from this Oracle cards are also used which is also similar to tarot cards which is designed to enhance your own intuition and thinking abilities.
- Crystals and Gemstones. Crystals can be very powerful and protective from negative entities or energies. Gemstones on the other hand are used to help people communicate with the spiritual realm.
- Journal. Use a notebook or a journal to take note of your experiences, development, record of your dreams, symbolism, messages, interpretations, the results of your readings etc. This can help you boost your confidence and help you better understand messages that you may have missed the first time you encountered it.
Find a quiet spot
Finding a clean, clutter free and quiet place will be very helpful to sharpen your skills and abilities. The more relaxed you are the more you can focus and the more likely you are to connect with spirits. It can be inside your house, a clean and airy room or it can be outside, with trees and nature as long as you can be free and not be interrupted.
Meditate frequently, disconnect from any electronic device or anything that can distract you. Breathe in and out, breathe rhythmically and take in messages that you receive. Focus, relax and enjoy the process.
Take Your Time!
Do not rush in developing your intuitive abilities, this usually takes time so just take one step at a time. Be consistent and keep practicing, be patient and you will eventually learn everything that you wish to learn. Time will come that you will find yourself easily connecting from your psychic side without trying so hard.