What is a ketogenic diet?
Ketosis is a natural process that takes place in all our bodies. In this process, the body is drawing the energy that is required for our body from the fat that is available. However, this is an occasional process and happens only when the body runs out of glucose. So when a person starts consuming the ketogenic diet, the process that once happened occasionally, now starts working on a regular basis.
Why ketogenic diet?
In ketogenic diet, the food usually contains fewer carbohydrates and more of fats. As a result, the glucose secretion will reduce, and there will only be fat to supplement it. Also when the ketogenic process is stimulated the fat content, good or bad, that is already existing will also be utilised. In this way, the person will be able to reduce the fat content that is present in the body. This is the reason as to why people appreciate ketogenic diet and many in fact are already practising it on a regular basis. Are you interested in ketogenic diet but do not have an ideal plan. This is the right place, and we have a perfect plan that will fit a beginner and a veteran of food. So here is all you have to do.
The ideal ketogenic diet:
Once you have decided to follow a ketogenic diet, the first thing that you have to remember is that you have to increase food items that are rich in protein and carbohydrates and you will automatically understand the crux of this diet planner. If you have this in mind, you will also learn to practice the right type of diet.
But the problem with ketogenic diet is that the list of dos and don’ts are quite unlikely when compared to other diet patterns, and that will reduce your ability to fight your food cravings as well. Keto diet is quite the opposite of what you do in other diet types. While others focus on finding a supplement for the fat content that is present in the body, in keto diet you are focussing on increasing the fat content. So initially it can be a bit hard.
Diet tips to remember:
- Avoid eating fruits like apple, orange and bananas. Also, avoid vegetables that are rich in protein and carbohydrates as in potatoes and yams.
- Grains are rich in carbohydrates and are quite known for pushing the glucose levels high. So avoid grains such as wheat, rice, corn and other cereals.
- When it comes to sweet and sugary products, you are expected to avoid things like honey, maple syrup and similar stuff.
- Though it is not an offence to add chicken to the keto diet, it would be better if you instead choose fish, lamb and pork.
- You are good to go with leafy greens and vegetable like broccoli and cauliflower.
- The main things that you will have to focus on are high-fat foods as in cheese, cream and butter. Add a lot of nuts and seeds as a part of your diet. Make sure to add low-carb sweeteners to your regular keto diet.